Are you a vaper who switches their current vape flavour as often as possible, or have you found a tasty vape and stuck with it? No matter what type of vaper you are, it’s entirely possible that your current e-liquid isn’t best suited to what you want from your vaping journey. I’m going to take you through the main components of e-liquid, the different types of vape juice currently available and the vape they produce. It might point you towards a new vape liquid that enables you to take your vaping pleasure to new heights.
The Main Ingredients
As vaping is now a viable form of nicotine replacement therapy for those looking to give up smoking, it is crucial to understand how the medium works for the new vaper looking to replicate the effects of smoking tobacco. All vape liquids consist of four essential materials; they each have an impact on the type of vapour produced; they are –
- Propylene Glycol is an organic food additive that is a great carrier of flavour; also used in medicines, it is a thinner liquid used in both industries for over 60 years.
- Vegetable Glycerine – is a clear liquid with a thicker consistency produced from plant oils such as coconut or soy; used in foods and cosmetics. E-liquids with a high VG content produce large vapour clouds and a smooth vape.
- Nicotine – the nicotine in vape juice will be either the more traditional Freebase nicotine or the newer Nic salt. The more modern option produces an excellent smooth vape.
- Food-Based Flavourings are the standard food industry flavours that give countless products their distinctive tastes.
We can use a specific e-liquid with differing PG or VG levels that are well suited to the type of vape we want in the vaping world. All the more significant vape juice manufacturers, including Dinner lady, Heisenberg, and Nasty, produce these different types of e-liquid. Let’s take a look at these different types of e-juices now.
The Vape Liquid Types
Many vapers will use an e-liquid with an even 50/50 PG/VG mix, and it’s a great all-rounder that delivers a superb even vape suitable for all, especially the newer vaper looking for the sensation of traditional tobacco smoking. Two main pre-mixed e-liquids lean towards a more specific way of vaping; they are –
- 70/30 – this e-liquid has a 70%VG/30%PG mix; designed for use in sub-ohm vape devices that burn the thicker liquid at a lower resistance. The outcome is a super smooth vape that produces enormous clouds of vapour.
- 80/20 – as its direct opposite, this is mixed to an 80%PG/20%VG formula. It gives a vape high in flavour and delivers a throat hit suited to newer vapers, best used in starter devices vape pens.
The makeup of these different types of e-liquid may have given you food for thought, and if flavour and a good throat hit are what you want, then it’s 80/20 for you. On the flip side, you may dream of being a cloud chaser; if that’s the case, then 70/30 is the e-liquid you might want to try.
I hope this information has given you some idea of where your vaping journey can progress, and you may well take your vaping experiences to new heights.